Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rest and Relaxation, Jimmy Rodgers, Travelling to Covington, LA

Sunday and Monday were days we just sat around and read books all day. I can't remember the last time I read a book. Was very relaxing!!!

Tuesday was the day to visit the Jimmy Rodgers Museum (only open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday that's why we stayed 2 extra days).

This is a picture of the outside of the building--no pictures allowed inside.


Nolan standing by the historical marker sign outside the building (he tried to get me to let him take my picture but I didn't let him have the camera, sorry, Carla).

This is the lady that works here. She followed us outside to tell us something else about another historical marker sign downtown.
The museum is in a beautiful city park.

We had plenty of time so we took a drive out to where the cemetery he is buried in.

The lady at the museum recommended we eat at Crescent City Grill. It was excellent!

Wednesday was our travel day. Took our time about getting things ready to go but we were still pulling out of the campground around 9:30 am. Very uneventful trip. We've paid for a week at the Land O Pines Family Campground, Covington, LA. Hopefully, I can get Nolan to take me into New Orleans, maybe a little east to Mobile, AL, and Gulfport, MS; and maybe over to Baton Rouge. Lots to see and do that's not too far to drive. However, if he doesn't want.....I like this campground alot!
See a couple of pictures below.
That's us.

No comments: