Thursday, July 3, 2008

Searching for an RV

Boy, it sure is hard to decide what to do. But, you know I think I have to agree with Howard......do your research and then just do it! You can think too much about it and not get anything decided.

So, here's what I think we are going to do. I've looked on line for quit some time and only found a few motorhomes close by that we could look at. First one was at Camping World. We stopped there first and it had already been sold. Second one was at Reliable RV, both of these were in Springfield. I like the second one but not as much as the third one which is in Mountain Home, AR. We looked at it and I really, really like it. It's a 2002 (not a 2006, which I thought and mentioned in the chat room....was a typo in the paper). It's a Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 40', with most options. It only has 29K miles and was very clean. Nothing seemed to be wrong with it and it will only cost us $75K. Down side....that's about $20K more than I wanted to pay for something. After looking at our budget again, I think we can do it even with the higher gas prices.

Here are a couple of pictures:
Has a washer/dryer combo - one of the things on my list.....


I like the fabric and colors.....

Recliner and space for the computer......

Kitchen with tile floor.

Nolan is in charge of figuring out if all the mechanical things are good or not. Will decide for sure next week after we think about it some more.

Was a very long day....and we drove through 2 very bad storms where we couldn't even see the road. Ate dinner at Fred's Fish House. Excellent food! Was a good day overall!

No comments: