Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ginny, Carter Family Fold Music Show, Lakeview RV Park, TN

Friday, we got around and made a much needed run to Wal Mart. What did we do before Wal Mart? Made it back to the trailer without forgetting too much.....still need dog food and dog treats, small BBQ grill, gloves for me when I have to help with the outside stuff, and I'm sure I'll think of something else!!!

Talked to Ginny and she was going to be home in the afternoon before she needed to take the kids to a church halloween event. So, Nolan and I managed to find our way to her house with the aide of my new iPhone and my memory. Good to see her again and the new baby.....you would think I would have taken a picture but I didn't!!!!

Saturday, Ginny and Levi came to see our new home and then we decided to eat lunch at a favorite BBQ place. I did manage to get a picture of Levi, he still has his mustache from his halloween party the night before, wouldn't let Ginny wash it off....he sure is a character!!!

After lunch Nolan and I found our way to Hiltons, VA, only about 25 miles from where we were to check out the Carter Family Fold Music Show. A very interesting place in the Virginia hills and a fun music show. We didn't leave there until 10:00 p.m. and of course we took the long way home. Oh well, it's not like we didn't have the time. It's so nice not getting stressed about time!





Sunday, Plan was to find the Country Music Museum at the Bristol Mall and maybe drive to Jonesborough, TN. While I was out walking the dogs, I heard something fall in the trailer.....it was Nolan! He slipped down the two steps from the bedroom to the kitchen. He was in a great deal of pain and we spent the next 2-3 hours trying to decide if he wanted to go to a doctor to check it out.
Finally decided he would wait and we drove out to Bristol for lunch and to check out the museum. Lunch was good and we found the museum but it was closed and since we were at the mall, I had to do a little shopping. Found two new blankets at Pennys and bought an extra set of sheets so I don't have to wait for the one set I have to get done washing before I can make up the bed.
Finally managed to take a couple of pictures of the park we are staying in....Lake pictures are really pretty. Not a bad park!
This is our trailer and truck.
That's Nolan enjoying the sunshine!!

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thanks for the park pictures. It looks like it's deserted!. Have fun, and hurry south before it gets really bad weather.