Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hitch Installed, Worked, Final Prep and We're Off

Friday, Nolan finally put in the last bolt to the hitch. It's in and we're ready to go! I was busy all day getting ready for a Longaberger Home Show at 7:00 p.m. All went well and it was a decent show of $371 in guest sales.

Saturday, Lazed around until we needed to get ready for my nephew's step daughter's birthday party. Spent about an hour at the birthday party and then we were off to dinner at friend's of ours who wanted to make sure we got together before we left MO. We had a great time and a great meal! We'll miss those kind of things for sure.

Sunday, I worked my last time for a while at the local convenience store....if you ever travel through MO on Highway 17 and go through Roby, you should stop for a soda! After I got through working, we made a quick trip to Competition to deliver some Longaberger to my friend, Gena. Didn't call first and she was not home but we talked a few minutes with her husband Steve. Then we needed to go to Nolan's niece's to pick up some of Nolan's long sleeve shirts that he originally didn't think he would need to take with us. Back to the trailer to finish some things before we pull out of the back yard.

Monday, Nolan said we needed this ring thing for the hitch so we made a trip to Lebanon to the RV Sales and Repair place there. Got the license renewed on the old truck since we will be gone a while and found out that we could renew the license on the new truck early. Ate a quick lunch at a mexican restaurant and then headed back to the trailer to get the paperwork we needed to renew the license on the new truck and pick up the propane tank to get it refilled. Then we were off again this time to Houston since it was a lot closer. Got the license for the new truck, filled the propane tank, went to Wal Mart for printer ink. Hurried back home so I could wash some more clothes and deliver more Longaberger. Around 7:00 p.m. my niece and her girls came to visit my sister so of course we had to take a break from getting ready and visit/play with them for a while.

Tuesday, Boy, I sure did not sleep well.....so, I was up at 7:00 a.m. Started washing a couple of loads of clothes cause I wasn't sure where we would be staying tonight. For the first time, I got things ready to go.....slide the slides in and put stuff where I thought it would be OK for the ride. Nolan went to put air in the tires, grab a bag of ice for the black tank, and back to hook the truck up to the trailer for the first time. All this took lots longer than we thought but we finally managed to pull out of my sister's around 11:30 a.m.

Here we are, ready to leave:

We drove until around 4:00 p.m. and decided to stay in Sikeston, MO, for the night at the Town and Country Camping and RV Park. I'll show you a picture tomorrow. Well......things didn't travel as well as I thought they would. All major things were OK but there was a mess to clean up. I forgot a bowl of potpouri on the dining room table, a small bowl of change on the computer desk and pretty much everything else on the desk, two baskets on the dresser in the bedroom....all fell somewhere and spilled their contents everywhere. Nolan walked in the door first and that was a mistake.....I heard about the mess for a while. Got that all cleaned up and everything running and the dogs settled. We took off to eat at Lamberts where they throw the rolls......very good but way too much to eat!!! Long day, hope tomorrow is a little better!

No comments: