Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Job Search, Realtor

Spent most of the morning researching a part time job on the internet. Since my retirement on May 1, 2007, I have been watching my two great nieces, Cara (4) and Brenna (2), during the day. Aren't they cute!
However, babysitting is not for me....I do not have enough patience and I don't want them to remember me as the "hateful, old aunt" they used to stay with. So, I've talked to their mother and she understands. They will start staying with another babysitter the first of June, which brings me back to my first statement. I knew when I retired that I did not want to sit at home all day but our plans were to have sold the house already and be "on the road" full time RVing. Hasn't happened yet so in the mean time I need something to do for the summer. Didn't really find anything on line so I think I will visit the local convenience store sometime this week and see if they need some part time help. Wish me luck!
Yesterday kind of ended in a dreary kind of way. Was rainy again, did not accomplish much, and I ended up with another headache. I guess just a normal kind of day really.
Well another day has gone by and I didn't call the new realtor....thinking that if I keep writing about it here, I will get it done. Don't really know why I've been procrastinating. Still at the top of my list of things to do. I will surely get it done today.
That's about it for yesterday so I'll post this and start on today. One day at a time!




No comments: