Saturday, May 17, 2008

Listing, Relay, Best Friends, Longaberger, Old Cars

Well, it's finally done. Signed the new listing. Not sure we listed it for the right price but our realtor said we will try it for a couple of weeks and if no one is interested at that price we will lower it some. She said all the buyers are coming in with really low counter offers and that we needed to list it for $165K to have a lot of room to negotiate. We'll see. I guess I was really anxious about it all cause I sure didn't sleep very good last night.

Carla, my daughter, called at 7:30 a.m. on her way home from her first American Cancer Society Relay for Life event of the year. She usually calls me to talk so she doesn't get sleepy driving since she was up all night with the event. She was a little disappointed because they were $32K short of their goal and she gets her raises based upon how close they get to their goals. Of course, with any event of any size like this was, things go wrong and she spent the first 5 minutes complaining about how bad the DJ they hired was. Other than that most things went well and she couldn't wait to get home to take a nap.

It's also possible that I didn't sleep very well last night because I was excited that I was going to meet my best, best friend for breakfast who I haven't seen in several years. She was in the military when we became friends and then retired from the Army while she was at Fort Leonard Wood. When she retired they moved to her home town in Ohio. They were visiting the Waynesville area this weekend to attend the wedding of a daughter of another friend of theirs while they lived here. Boy, did we sure have a good time.....just not enough time. We used to go to lunch every Thursday no matter what and share all of our so called "problems" and go back to work happy. We really enjoy spending time together but the distance is just too far to do it very often. Hopefully, when we start travelling, we can spend some time in Ohio. I'm sure there's a lot to see there besides going to see my favorite place in the world to visit....the Longaberger Home Office and Homstead. This link will tell you all about my hobby/part time business to support the hobby and the place I love to visit.

To end the day, we went up the road to the local Lions Club building to a friend of Nolan's birthday party. Way too many people there I didn't know and way too noisy. But, free meal and I did get to talk to a friend that I don't get to see very often. After we got home, we set there for a while then walked to the local convenience store (Walts) where they were hosting a a Classic Car Drive In. Was fun to look at all the "old" cars that had either been kept nice or redone. Some of them really brought back some old memories. They had a red 1967 Camero.....my ex was always crazy about 1968 Cameros and we were always putting our last dollar into keeping one running when we were first married. Those were the days! I could go on forever but I won't. I'll just end with maybe those days weren't as bad as I thought they were at the time!

No comments: