Saturday, September 13, 2008

Work, Dinner, Storm

What a day at the store! Today was the day for the local fair.....way more people in this small town than need to be. Of course, that meant lots of business for the store and that made by feet sore from standing up more than normal!

Since Nolan was gone for my birthday, I made him feel bad and he took me out to eat. Was so looking forward to a great meal and it was not. Baked potato was cold, salmon had that black stuff on the bottom of it, and the service was poor....Oh well, I got to go out to eat!

Watched the news before we went to bed and didn't really get too concerned about the weather but I guess we should have. There's nothing like being in a storm in a 5th Wheel!!! When the wind blows as strong as it was last night it feels like the thing is going to blow over. About 4:30 am, we decided it was time to get out of it. I grabbed both dogs and Nolan got the cat and off we ran to the truck. We were soaked!!!! We sat in the truck until it was time for me to get ready for work.....I ran back to the trailer and took a quick shower while Nolan stayed in the truck with the animals. He then drove me to the store and by that time things had calmed down. Not much sleep!!!

No comments: