Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hard Decision

Found out yesterday that my mother's only brother had a heart attack and died. They are planning to have the funeral on Monday, 15 Dec, in Pleasant Hill, MO, and then bury him at Plato on 16 Dec. After looking at the weather forecast during that time, I finally made the very hard decision that we needed to continue south tomorrow instead of waiting in MO to attend the service. What a hard decision! We, his daughters and I, have been close and I hate to not be there for them. He was a great guy who always had a joke to tell. I have lots of fond memories of him and will be thinking of all them on Monday and Tuesday next week. So glad I saw him when he came up to visit my Mom while she was in the hospital. Here's a picture of him and my great niece.

No comments: